Healthy and beautiful skin is essential an part of our overall well being. You don't need expensive toners, moisturizers and other skin repair formulas in order to have great skin. In fact, you can achieve a healthier skin right from your home with the help of fruits. You can have your own beauty products from the stuff you can find in your kitchen, fridge, garden and even at your Facebook's Farmville or Gourmet Ranch! LOL :)
Lemon [MY : Lemon]
A classic home beauty ingredient. Lemons are used to cleanse and freshen the skin and hair. Lemon is a natural bleach. It can help to fade out dark spots and acne scars too. Beauty efficacy of lemon is also quite rich, can inhibit the spots, whitening skin, the skin can also be compact, so that the skin smooth lubrication, of course, the effect of weight loss is also significant.
- For every skin types, mix lemon juice, honey and cold milk and stir well. Apply on the face and leave it on for about 30 minutes. Rinse well with lukewarm water and apply moisturizing cream. The lemon mask refreshes the skin and lightens the skin color.
- For tired and aging skin, squeeze the juice from the lemon in a blender and add 1 yolk of egg and olive oil. Mix them well and apply the mixture onto the face. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and rinse with cold water. The mask is recommended for blemished aging skin. It smooth and calm the skin.
- For oily skin with enlarged pores and wrinkles, beat the eggs whites stiff and then put the flour and the lemon juice and mix well. Apply to the entire face and the neck. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse well. Apply a moisturizing cream at the end. The mask will make your complexion clear and will tighten up the pores.
- Squeeze half a lemon and mix the juice with one beaten egg white. Leave on your face overnight or, for a quick pick-me-up, just 15 minutes. Splash warm water on your face to rinse. It helps to removes blotches, because the lemon works as a bleaching agent.
- Use lemon slices to soften rough skin spots such as elbows and heels.
- Lemon slices also help deodorize and mix a few teaspoons of lemon juice in your bath and you will feel fresh the whole day.
- Lemon juice can be added to your favorite cleanser or shampoo to refresh and tone your scalp, as well as prevent dandruff.
- Lemon rinds can be rubbed on to scars as it aids healing.
- Lemon juice mixed with warm water and honey can be taken daily the first thing in the morning to have a clear complexion.
- For stronger nails, mix lemon juice, liquid soap and mineral water. Soak your hands in the mixture. Soak for about 10 minutes. The lemon juice will straighten the nails and the soap will soften the skin.
Orange [MY : Oren]
This fruit belongs to the citrus family and is best know for its astringent and toning properties. Oranges are a good source of Vitamin C which is known to improve the skin texture and color. Orange juice can be an effective remedy for pimples and acne. It can also be used for scar and blemish removal. Orange is used to remove whiteheads, boils and spots. It also contains the papain enzyme, which is effective in skin whitening.
- For every skin types, rub in the skin with fresh orange juice 2/3 times a day, leave it on the face till it becomes dry and rinse well with hot water. The orange juice is nourishing and has been known to be beneficial in helping to dry oils and clear the complexion.
- For oily skin with enlarged and clogged pores and against wrinkles, mix 2 teaspoons of orange juice, carrot juice, yogurt and ground rice. Leave on for about 30 minutes and rinse well.
- Rub fresh orange peel on your skin to tighten it and lighten the colour.
- Take orange pulp, or the rind and blend it with some yogurt. Apply it to the face and massage it in. Wash it off after 10 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Another useful tip is to take the juice of 2 oranges and freeze it in an ice tray. Rub your face with frozen orange juice cubes. It will instantly freshen you up and lift up the tiredness from your face. The juice will give your dull and oily face an instant sheen.
- Squeeze a few drops of orange juice in your bath water and the acids in the citrus fruits will kill the bacteria in your skin as well as dry up the excess oil.
Apple [MY : Epal]
Apples are a great conditioner and toner for your skin. Apple is a great source of fibre which keeps the bowels clean, ensuring skin that is free of acne and boils. It is also loaded with phytochemicals that have properties similar to anti-oxidants. Studies have also shown that eating apples regularly can reduce wrinkles and fine lines.They have amazing skin-healing powers and have been used as a beauty aid for centuries.
- Mix a gated apple with honey and apply on your face for five minutes for a hydrated, stress free skin.
- For oily skin, peel and grate one apple. Add one egg yolk. Mix well, apply on the face, leave on for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- When taking a bath, remember to add a cup of apple juice and that will helps to cleanse and soften your skin.
- After each time you shampooing your hair, don't forget to put a final rise with apple juice, because its power can prevent dandruff.
Papaya [MY : Betik]
Papaya has a whitening, breast enhancement and other cosmetic effects. Papaya is a good source of Vitamin A and papain. Vitamin A acts as an anti-oxidant, while the papain breaks down inactive proteins and removes dead skin cells. The best feature of the fruit is its low sodium quality. Since the salt content is less, the water retention is also little. The result is an overall hydrated skin.
- For having a fresh and glowing skin apply mashed papaya and 3 teaspoons of aloe vera gel and massage all over your body monthly. Leave on your skin for no more than five minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Rub mashed papaya on cracked heels to remove dead cell and make feet softer.
Peach [MY : Pic]
Peaches are highly emollient and perfect for dry skin types. Peach is packed with potassium and flavonoids apart from Vitamin A. It helps revitalising and hydrating epidermis. The antioxidants help wounds recover faster and prevents signs of early aging.
- For anti aging, peel and mash peaches and add whipped cream to it. Apply to face and let it rest for about 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Grate one peach, mix with sugar and use as a face scrub.
- Mash a fresh peach and combine with a tablespoon of plain yogurt or cooked oatmeal to make a smooth paste. Apply on the skin and leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. The oatmeal helps to heal irritated skin and moisturizes, as does the yogurt. Your skin will feel moisturized and supple to the touch.
- Whip the peach and egg white together in a blender until smooth. Gently pat the mixture all over your face. Relax for 30 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Peaches contain an enzyme that tightens up loose pores.
- Take the peach and cook it until it is soft. Mash the cooked peach using a fork. Next, add the honey and enough oatmeal until the mixture is thick. Apply the mask to the skin and let it sit on the skin for about ten minutes. Rinse off the peach facial masque with cool clean water.
Mango [MY : Mangga]
No one can resist Mangoes. They would be undoubtly the king of summer fruits. They are rich in fibre, beta-carotene and vitamin C. Mango is my favorite fruit next to pineapples. They are sweet, juicy and delicious. This extraordinary fruit contains high amounts of vitamin A (contributing to its meaty bright orange color). It also contains Vitamins B, C , calcium, potassium and cartonoids (helps protect against cancer, common cold, and heart disease). They are also high in fiber and low in carbohydrates, making it an excellent addition to everyone's diet.
P.S : Lyric and Fify, I'm glad we three like this fruit!! :)
- Blend mango meat, sugar, honey, and milk in a blender until it is smooth. Stand in the tub while rubbing this treatment all over vigorously. Rinse with warm water and finish with cool water. This scrub will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
Pomegranate [MY : Delima]
Pomegranates are excellent for oily and combination skin. Rich in AHA, pomegranate juice can be used as an astringent and is also a natural toner. Like oranges pomegranates also contain Vitamin C and folic and numerous antioxidants. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in building up the immune system. Roasted and powdered pomegranate skin is good in treating boils, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads.
- Crush pomegranate seeds and use it as a scrub for skin care, this will remove excess oil and make your skin look fresh.
- Massage pomegranate juice on your face for around 10 minutes and then wash off for an instant glow.
Banana [MY : Pisang]
Banana is a great emollient for your skin and hair. They are rich in protein and natural fats and can be used on all skin types.Insist to eat 12 bananas a day to ensure the normal bowel, which helps expel toxins, healthy glow from the inside out beauty.
- Banana is wonderful as an anti-wrinkle treatment. Mash two ripe bananas with fork until very creamy. You can also mix banana mixture with honey or oat but make sure to stir the mix well. Apply the mask to the face and neck and leave it to dry for about 20 minutes before rinsing the mashed bananas off. The mask will leave your skin clean and smooth.
- Mashed banana also makes a wonderful hair conditioner when mixed with a 1 tablespoon of honey. Perfect for keeping hair beautiful even if dyed regularly.
Pineapple [MY : Nenas]
Like papaya, pineapples are great skin softeners, which cleanses and rejuvenates dull and dry skin.
- Blend 4 large pineapple chunks, 1/2 cup canned and drained pineapple and 3 tablespoons of olive oil all the ingredients until the mix is smooth. Apply on the face and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry.
- Use pineapple slices on rough skin spots like knees, elbows, and heels. Use a slice of pineapple as you would a sponge or loofah to scrub your body in the bath or shower and rinse it off after 15 minutes. Apply lotion or moisturizer to finish it off.
- Taken pineapple with honey it is effective for sore throat.
Berries [MY : Beri]
Berries such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries are a rich source of antioxidants, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Blueberries are a good blood cleanser. They are also good for constipation and various skin disorders – eczema, acne, psoraisis. Blackberries – help cleanse the blood and are good for constipation. They help a weak kidney and are good for creating good skin on your face. Strawberry is rich in vitamin C, regular consumption of strawberries make the skin delicate and flexible, in addition to strawberries, which contain active substances have a high anti-cancer effect. Strawberries can be used for conditioning and skin toning treatment. They are rich in salicylic acid, an ingredient found in many commercial acne creams. Eating berries regularly can give you radiant skin and can erase years from your age without plastic surgery. And they taste great too!
- Mix the strawberries and cornstarch together to make a paste. Apply the facial mixture to the face. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
Apricot [MY : Aprikot]
Eat as many as you like. Apricots are a high source of minerals, fiber, and beta-carotene and will help control acne. (A precursor to vitamin A) They help to relieve or prevent constipation. Fresh apricot juice is good for sunburn, itching and eczema.
- This recipe is especially effective for those with dry skin. Mix apricot kernel oil with cocoa butter and beeswax. Heat all of the ingredients in a double boiler until melted. Beat with a spoon until the solution is smooth. Refrigerate, then apply.
Grape [MY : Anggur]
Grapes are good blood purifiers. It cleanses the blood and averts the skin from getting dry and dull. Skin wrinkles, especially those appearing beneath the eyes can also be dealt with by applying grape juice on them.
- Grape juice makes an excellent cleanser for any skin type. Grape juice should be applied on the face and neck for 15 minutes. It will help in making skin soft, smooth, bright and fair.
- Wash your face before massaging mashed red grapes on it. Let the mashed grapes work their magic on your face for ten minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Peel and mash a few grapes. Use gauze to strain the mix and apply what is left in the gauze on the face. Gently massage the face so that the exfoliating properties can start acting. Rinse off with cold water to close the pores.
- Crush the green grapes into a pulp. Next, add the honey or egg yolk (whichever is desired). Place the mixture on dampened skin for 15 minutes and then rinse off. This mask is ideal for faces that have been exposed to too much sun.
Kiwi [MY : Kiwi]
Kiwi is one super fruit that you should try to eat 2-3 times a week. It is loaded with Vitamin C & Vitamin E. These two vitamins are essential for the health and beauty of your skin. Kiwifruit contains quite rich in vitamins, pectin, acid and so on, you can add nutrients to the skin to prevent black spot, white skin is more delicate, while kiwifruit also lower cholesterol, helping digestion efficiency.
- Puree the kiwi fruit in a food processor until liquid. During processing, add yogurt, orange water, almond or apricot oil, and ground almonds. Process until thick and cream like. Add essential and stir to mix. To apply, massage gently over neck and face. Rinse well.
- For dry, worn and ill-nourished skin,mix kiwi juice, olive oil and 1 yolk of egg. Apply on the face. Leave it on for about 15 minutes. Remove the mask using a sponge. The kiwi juice will stimulate the blood circulation and the mask will smooth, nourish and calm the skin.
Avocados [MY : Avokado]
Avocados are usually thought of as a vegetable, but they are really a fruit, with more nutrition than any other fruit. They are loaded with nonsaturated fats, which help to keep your skin moist and prevent wrinkles. Additionally, avocados contain lots of vitamin B, which help to keep your skin looking smooth.
- Mash avocados with 1 egg yolk and apply to face for 20 minutes, then wash it to soothe and smooth dry skin.
- Apply the pulp to moisturize your skin, particularly around (but not in) your eyes. They also help to reduce dark circles and puffiness. Rinse off the avocado after 15 minutes. Your dry skin will be moisturized.
- For a fast fix, mash about half a cup of avocado and use it on the skin. Leave it on for about 15 minutes prior to rinsing it off with water.
Lime [MY : Limau]
Lime Juice is very important natural aid for beautiful skin. This treatment will help you to look young and beautiful. It will also help cure pimples. It is also known to help in controlling oily skin, improve a dull and greasy complexion, improve rough and dry skin, relieve tired eyes and remove freckles.
- Cut a lime in half. While in the shower, though before your skin is wet, massage the arms, stomach, chest and neck with half of the lime. Use the second half for the remaining part of the body. Leave on the skin for a few minutes while enjoying the steam and then rinse. Lightly dry the skin and apply your favorite body moisturizer.
Watermelon [MY : Tembikai]
Watermelon is the best cooler for the body specially in summers as it is high in water. It is rich in Calcium too. The word "watermelon" itself brings water in our mouth.
- Grate and squeeze out juice from small piece of watermelon. Apply on face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes and then remove. This lotion freshens up skin.
Dragon Fruit [MY : Buah Naga]
Dragon fruit is rich in nutrition, is a low-calorie high-fiber fruits, so won the love of human diet. In addition, the dragon fruit is also very effective prevention and treatment of constipation.
Cherry [MY : Ceri]
Cherry iron-rich and therefore have to promote regeneration of hemoglobin function, can be prevented by iron-deficiency anemia, also, Cherry ruddy skin whitening can also eliminate dark spots. But the great should be noted that Cherry should not be eaten, it is because more cherry than iron, coupled with a certain amount of cyanogen glycosides, so if eating too much can cause iron poisoning or hydroxide poisoning.
What makes someone beautiful outside is often reflective of what they put in inside. These beauty tips are quick and easy.
Every fruit has its own benefit. All you have to do is treat yourself and your skin to some TLC. So, eat fruits and give yourself a facial.
The result -> WOW (",)
* Fruits is beautiful skin's best friend *